A parking study is conducted to estimate demand or utilisation. In addition, a parking study may be conducted to reduce the parking requirements in a development. Koleko has conducted over 20 parking studies.
Finding a parking spot in shopping mall or in an office park are some of the challenges that we have all come across. The provision of additional parking can raise the cost of a development. Developers often resort to paid parking to recover some of the additional costs. Research shows that most private vehicles stay parked for over 80% of the time – be this at home during the evening or at the workplace during the day. Parking or sometime the lack of parking can be a major source of contention within any community.
Experience in Parking Study:
Koleko has successfully completed several parking studies. These include parking demand and utilisation studies, way-finding and parking relaxation studies. In addition, a parking study can be conducted to determine the duration vehicles stay parked, the turnover of vehicles and the accumulation of vehicles in a parking lot. Koleko has developed conceptual designs of parking lots or garages and motivating parking relaxation in mixed use developments. Through the implementation of regulatory and parking guidance signs, way-finding within a facility or area can be significantly improved.
Furthermore, Koleko has also conducted studies for bicycle parking and integration of parking facilities with intermodal facilities and non-motorised transport. Our engineers also have experience developing parking strategies, managing parking demand and even developing a parking policy for municipalities.
Past Parking Study Projects:
- Harpur Street Parking Relaxation Study (read more)
- Monavoni Retail Parking Study (Utilisation and Relaxation)
- A Re Yeng City of Tshwane – Parking Strategy for IRPTN Stops
- Reya Vaya – Alexandra BRT Depot – Parking Layout
- Bardene Parking Relaxation Study
- Watville TIA – Parking Relaxation Study
- Maputo Port – Truck Parking and Way Finding
- Wynberg Motor Spares TIA – Parking Study (Relaxation)
- Monavoni Parking Relaxation Study
- Actonville TIA – Saturday Market Parking and Access
- Thaba Chew School TIA – Parking and Layout
- Orange Farm TIA – Delivery Vehicle Parking
- Madison Loft Parking Study (Relaxation)
- Springs Church Parking Relaxation Study
- Vosloorus Housing TIA – Parking Relaxation Study
- Tedderfield Church TIA – Parking Layout
- Thandi Nursery TIA – Parking Layout and Drop-off area
- Farmers Market TIA – Parking Layout and Vehicle Delivery
- Matsapha Dry Port Traffic Study – Vehicle Parking and Truck Movements
- Vosloorus x9 Parking Relaxation Study
- Shangoni TIA – Parking Layout
- Kotwals Motor Spare Parking Relaxation Study